Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Playing catch-up...Part 2

After Jamie and I got engaged...we started planning a summer wedding.

We ended up picking out rings together. I got a marquise diamond engagement/wedding set and Jamie got a plain gold band. Jamie gave me my
engagement ring...and he hid my wedding ring at his apartment. I would always sneak it out of the box and try it on when he wasn't looking! LOL! He'd get so aggravated! LOL!

I was a little nervous telling my parents that we were getting married as Jamie is 9, almost 10 years older than me. But when I told my mom, she said, "I always kind of thought you'd marry someone older. You're mature for your age." Whew!

We had about a nine month engagement in which all of that time was spend planning the wedding. Mom did EVERYTHING!

She was amazing.

We were on a budget. We went downtown to Jacobson's and found my wedding gown. We got an amazing deal on it because it was a discontinued style. It was regularly priced at around $700.00 I think...we got it for around $129.00 I believe. It's been so long...I'd have to look back in my wedding planner for sure. But anyway, it was a steal. I loved it immediately. What a blessing.

We were equally blessed with the bridesmaid dresses. We were planning a "floral/garden themed" wedding...and the colors were to be peach, mint green, and lavender. We found some beautiful tea length dresses in a floral print with our exact colors...amazing.

Jess was my maid of honor. Tiffany and Melissa were bridesmaids. Dave was Jamie's best man. Eric and Brian also stood up with him.

Mom did all of the flowers, decorations, food...EVERYTHING. It was amazing. The church and hall looked gorgeous.

Tracey did our cake and we got more compliments on the cake than anything else. It was gorgeous. It wasn't your typical white wedding cake. It had a lot of color on it...just like I wanted...peach, mint, and lavender. We also had little cherubs on it. It was awesome!

Amber caught my bouquet and Shaun caught the garter.

I remember the church didn't allow rice to be thrown...something I had always looked forward to...all of my daycare co-workers surprised me and they all sneaked rice to the church and threw it at us as we left. It was so sweet.

We honeymooned at Mackinac Island, the Upper Pennisula, and Cedar Point. We had a short but sweet honeymoon and then came back to the real world. LOL!



No comments:

Post a Comment