Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

More random summer musings...




Things go from crazy busy...to laid back and quiet around here during the summer.
I live for the laid back and quiet times.
I rather enjoy the boring  simple life.
My kids on the flip side, would rather stay jam packed busy!
I saw this little bird one morning sitting on the deck.
Thought he was an unusual looking little fellow.

He was a simple two tone gray bird, with a red head and breast bone area.
He was so tiny.
I couldn't believe he stayed still enough for me to get a picture.


My hydrangeas are doing amazing this year.
We bought this bush plant with about one bloom on it.
The pot it was in was about the size of a one cup measuring cup.

It has grown...
And grown...
And grown!

It is now huge!
And gets more blooms every year!
I think hydrangeas are beautiful!

Oreo has had a rather lazy summer.
He had a birthday in July and turned six.

Some days I think he's slowing down, as he sleeps SO much.
But then, you should see him run up and down the stairs!
Frisk about playing with Jamie.

He's still one spry kitty!
He loves snuggling and cuddling with the boys.

I think I posted about my Mother's Day gift.
Jamie got me my Kitchen Aid mixer...
Well...as a bonus, he got a FREE glass mixing bowl!

It came with a stainless steel one.
But later in the mail, (this month) I got my surprise glass one!
Yay!

Oh yeah...
Did I tell you we have an alien cat?
See those glowing eyes?
Haha...
Oreo loves hiding in grocery bags after I put the groceries away.

Jamie and I celebrated our eighteenth wedding anniversary on August 7.
We went out to Texas Roadhouse to celebrate.

Nate wanted to know if he and Ev were coming.
I said, "Um, Natee...we'd love to have you come...but this is mommy and daddy's special date."
LOL!

And...
In other news...
I got my hair lopped off again.

I get it cut.
I grow it out.
I get it cut.
I grow it out.
For now...
It's staying short!
Well, that's our randomness for now!
Catch ya up with more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment