Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

We're all decorated at our house.
Well actually...
We have been since just after Thanksgiving dinner.
But I just haven't had the time (or energy) to blog.

I usually post our decorations every year.
So you'll recognize a lot of the same sights.

But I always enjoy looking at people's decorations year after year, regardless.
So you're stuck looking at mine, LOL!

December seems to just be flying by.
With school concerts, church activities, baking, homework (the boys AND me)...
Sometimes...
I have to remind myself to just stop...sit down...
AND LOOK AT THE TREE ALL LIT UP.
And enjoy it.

It takes so much time to put all the decorations out.
It just feels like this year I haven't been sitting down to look at them and enjoy them.

But, I do have some time off work coming up.
Several long weekends.
I think I will FORCE myself NOT to do any homework.
(Since it's an "at your own pace" course anyway.)
And I will just relax, bake, cook, sleep in, and enjoy my decorations and my family.

What are your favorite traditions?

What is your favorite holiday meal, snack, or dessert?


How about your favorite Christmas song?

Do you enjoy the same children's Christmas specials on tv each year?

I try to stop and think about all the wonderful sights, smells, sounds, and tastes of the holiday each year.

But most of all...
We remember the real reason for the season...
JESUS.
Merry CHRISTmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment