Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

Summer musings...

 We've had a nice relaxing summer filled with getaways and visitors.
In July, after we got back from Mackinac Island, my Uncle (my dad's brother) came to visit my parents, and mine and my sister's family went down for a bbq dinner.
 We had a fun time visiting and feasting on yummy food!
(me and my sister, above)
 Geeg making root beer floats for the grandkids!
 Lots of laughter going on!
 Don't let her fool ya...she's not camera-shy. ;)
 My dad and my uncle (his brother).
 My mom sets the most festive tables!
 Later in the month, I had another special visitor.
Have you ever met a friend online and just hit it off?
Many people don't believe that you can have special online friends, but I beg to differ.
You have to be very cautious and guarded, which I always am...but sometimes you get a real treasure!
I received such a treasure when I met my friend Judy.  We met in an online baking group, as we both share a love of baking.  We gradually started talking more and more in the baking group...and then became Facebook friends...and talked more and more online.
And I realized God had sent me a real gem of a friend.
Judy and her husband were vacationing this month and asked if they could stop by and meet my husband and me face-to-face!  I just missed her message, and nearly thought I had missed her and it was too late.  I was just about to send her a message, asking if she'd already passed by...when I received a knock on my door!  Yes!  It was Judy and her husband!  Blessed.  That is all I can say.  Blessed to have Judy as a friend and in my life.  She is beautiful inside and out...a real treasure in my life!
 And that sweetheart came bearing gifts!
Isn't this summer wreath adorable?
It's made of flipflops!
She also brought me a few other of my favorite things...
A cupcake purse!
Cookie cutters!
Nail polish!
And the cutest card!
Yes...blessed indeed to have Judy in my life...a real sweetheart indeed!
Well, that's our visitors for the summer.
We have two more getaways planned...you'll hear about those soon!
Hope you are having an awesome summer!
Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment