Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

Well hello!...

 Hello!
I'm alive!
I know, it's been a while...but I haven't given up the blog and left you hanging like many do, haha!  I've just been buried in schoolwork, not to mention working 55+ hours a week.  It seems all I do is work and study.  But here I am back to let you know what's going on in our lives (not much).  I have already decorated for St. Patrick's Day.  Yes I know, it's still February.  But when you're Irish...ya just can't help but get excited over the shamrocks and color green.  I think my mantel turned out pretty cute.  My mom showed me how to sew "yo-yos" and I connected them all together in shades of green to lay across the top of my mantel.  I think they look really cute.  Then I printed a "LUCKY" banner.  I also printed off some free printables from Pinterest (so perfect for decorating) and framed them.  Last year, I scored some shimmery shamrock garland for...(drumroll)...47 cents a roll!  I got three and laid them across my mantel with white lights.  I love the look.  Added a few green and gold candles and voila!  St. Patty's Day style!
 I did a quick St. Patty's Day chalkboard today too.  Not my best work.  But hey, I was in a hurry and...it works.
 Katarina is doing well.  Mischievous as ever.  She is the little princess of the house.  We recently were having issues with her scratching (she has all of her claws) and so we took her to the groomer and had SoftPaws (caps) put on.  I have mixed feelings.  I really like them over all.  She can't snag up the furniture anymore.  But because our carpet is so thick, she can still hook the rubber caps into it and pull the fibers out.  So we're still trying to figure out a remedy for that.  Otherwise, she is doing great and we love her to death!
The boys and I are doing great.  We've all been healthy.  The boys are doing fantastic in school (as am I).  We all have our challenging classes (for me, math and science)...but we're managing and doing well.  Hubby recently had a health scare.  He spent 2 nights in the hospital.  We found out he has an ulcer.  He will be having a scope done next week to find out the best treatment plan and more about it.  We appreciate your prayers.
Other than that, things are going well at our house!
How is your winter going?  Are you surviving the frigid temps?
Stay warm...
Until next time...
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment