Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Mackinac Island Trip #2...(long time, no post!)

 I know, I know.
I've become one of those bloggers who I always complain about...
They just disappear with no explanation.
I went on a little hiatus...from blogging, Facebook, all social media...pretty much...LIFE.
In August, we went on trip #2 to Mackinac Island with my parents as a little "end of summer celebration"...however, while there, we received a phone call that pretty much turned our life upside down for 3 months.  After 3 months of pure h---...I am praising God because...
IT. IS. OVER. 
Hallelujah!
But anyway...back to our trip!
Above is a picture I took on the way up.
I always try to get a picture of this tree and somehow miss it.
We refer to it as "Shoe Tree".
As you can see, there are a million shoes that people have randomly thrown up on it, LOL!
me and mom in Mackinac City...and a few views of the Mackinac Bridge...
 We were so blessed and excited that my parents came with us for the week!

 I don't usually buy souvenirs...but I found this adorable ring-watch at a cute little store for $1.00!  How could I pass it up?  Ha!
 I decided that next spring/summer, I'm going to build a Fairy Garden.
I think I'm going with a "Pure Michigan" theme.
So I started it off with purchasing a little "turtle" (Mackinac Island) made of shells.
 This year was the first year we ever visited the Peace Garden on the Island.
It is really beautiful!
 We celebrated my Nate's b-day while there!
Happy 15th Natee!
we went to the  "1852 Grill Room" for dinner for Nate's b-day...fancy!
 Playing cards one evening...
 Up at Surrey Hill...
 The flowers were AMAZING this year!!!
 We never have "plans" when on the Island.  We just start out each day and wander.
We love hiking through the forest.
The trees and greenery are amazing.
The newly constructed Ft. Holmes is awesome!
 We had so much fun with mom and dad.
And with the stress of the phone call we received early on in the trip...their prayers, support, and encouragement really helped us maintain "some" sense of fun on the trip despite the news.
 If you've never been to the Grand Hotel Horse Museum, you simply must go.  It's actually free too!  It has so many old fashioned carriages to look at.
I can't believe it's already November and it took me this long to get an August post out, LOL!
I'll try to get some more Sept/Oct updates out soon as well!
Hope you are having a blessed Autumn!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment