Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Dearest Evan...


My dearest sweet Evan...

You will never know (although I hope you have some idea!) how much you mean to me.

I dreamed about the day, as a little girl, of the day I would become a mommy.

The day your dad and I found out we were expecting a baby was the happiest day of our life!

The day you were born and they told us of the complications, and that you needed to go into the nicu, was the saddest day of our life. I have only seen your dad cry one time in my life...and that was the day. We prayed non-stop for your health. We loved you soooooo much!

The day we got to bring you home was so joyful! We were bursting with pride.

I used to take you EVERYWHERE with me! Dad worked alot back then and you and I went everywhere together.

We went to Kalamazoo to geeg and papa's house. We went to Target (I'll never forget the older gentleman who was a cashier the first time I took you out and he remarked how gorgeous you were!). We went grocery shopping (Remember our salt bagels?). We went to the little mall (Remember chili cheese fries?). We went to the big mall (Remember the treehouse and the cinnamon almonds you stashed in your cheek?). We went to Tulip Time (Remember the goodies and dancers?). We went everywhere...you and me. I was so proud of my Evan.

I remember EVERY aspect of your life. I have a little "recorder" in my mind. I remember you going to your daycares (Remember Ms. Bev, Ms. Kim, and Ms. Jen?). I remember your first day of kindergarten and you marching off to the bus with your little backpack. I remember helping with your fieldtrips (the zoo w/ Nolan and Toby!). I remember the parties at school (Valentine's Day in the Butterfly room). I remember the first time you had to stay inside at recess because you and Zack were goofing off in Mrs. DeVisser's class! Stinker! I remember your auctions and trips to BK with Mrs. Costello. I remember Market Day, 5th grade camp...ewwww, you were nasty when you came back! LOL! I remember middle school...oh what a year of joys and stress! I can only imagine what high school will bring!

Anyway...I will continue to write to you in this blog...I'm waaaaaay far behind as you can see. This is always something I've wanted to do for you and Nate.

I just want you to know how special you are to me and dad. You are amazing and can do anything you set your mind to...don't be lazy! :-)

Keep God first always!
You are forever my baby boy...and I love you more than life!
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment