Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Necessities vs. Luxuries...

I have a dilemma.
What do you do when you are faced with a situation with a friend and you don't know what to do?
I have a "friend"...we're not "close"...but close enough I consider her a friend.
Her family doesn't have a lot.
One income family.
And things are tight.
I have helped her out with things before...when they don't have the money for things.
I love being generous.
I love helping people.
I believe Jesus wants to help others in need.
I have always loved being a generous person.
HOWEVER...
What I don't like...
Is seeing this person's Facebook status about all the "frivolous" luxuries they are buying.
Maybe it is not my place to make those kinds of judgements.
But...
At the same time, it makes me a little more hesitant to "give" or "help" when I see them purchasing non-necessities and luxury items.
As much as I love helping them out...
This frustrates me.
What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment