Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

I love my teenager!

I love my teenager.
I do.




Lately, all I hear about on Facebook...from friends, acquaintances, and things in the news is how awful teenagers are.

One friend says her teenager hates her.
One friend's teen is failing out of school.
One friend's teen is sneaking out.
One friend's teen is bad-mouthing her and her father.
Another friend comments on how weird and awful teens are out shopping.
People are saying how disrescpectul teens are.
All I hear is negativity about today's teens.

I wanted to start this post with something positive...like a quote or verse about the positive aspects of teens.
Searched all over the internet.
Couldn't find ONE positive thing I liked!

What is wrong with this picture?!?

First of all...let me say...if you think that ALL teenagers today are warped, weird, disrectful, mouthy, filthy-mouthed kids...
YOU ARE WRONG.

There are A LOT of wonderful teenagers out there!

I happen to know a lot of them!
I happen to LIVE WITH one of them!

I may be a little biased...as any mother is...but I am not blind.
I know my kid.
He is respectful...to adults and peers.
He is empathetic.
He is kind and generous.
He has strong faith.
He hates foul language.
He hates seeing people mistreated.
He is quiet and reserved.
He's fun to hang out with.
I love being his mom.

His friends are like this too.
He has a great circle of friends.
Guys and girls alike.
They are respectful.
They call myself and my husband Mr. and Mrs. James.
They are well-behaved.
I enjoy their company.

So the next time you find yourself "generalizing" a teenager and saying they're all rebelious, disrespectful, freaks of nature...just remember, there are just as many WONDERFUL teenagers out there (if not more).

I just had to share this because of all the negativity I've been seeing on Facebook about teens.
I think it's a real shame that they get such a bad rap.
I will agree that there are A LOT of foul-mouthed, disrespectful, gossipy, mean, half-clothed, weird ones...
But I will also stick up for the other half who are WONDERFUL young people to hang around!!!

I love the teens in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment