Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Here's what's happenin'...

I have no pictures for this post.
How boring am I?
Very!
I feel like I've been neglecting my blog.
And it's not that I've really forgotten it.
I think about it everyday.
But I just feel there's nothing important to write about!
LOL!

Well...
I'll try to at least update you on what's going on with us.

I am still plugging along with my studies.
I am more than halfway through with my medical transcription program.
It is "go at your own pace" program.
In some ways, I'm really grateful for this because there are days that I couldn't fit one more thing on my plate...like an assignment or quiz...especially trying to balance this with running a daycare, a baking business, and raising a family.
In other ways, I wish I did have deadlines...because it's easy to put it on the backburner.
My instructor told me that it "COULD" be done in five months...IF you put in 20 hours a week.
That was my goal...ORIGINALLY.
And I FLEW through the first two courses.
Then came course three.
The actual typing of reports.
I have been on course three for...
Oh gosh...I don't know...maybe three months?...maybe four?
Anyway...I will be finishing it up this month and moving on to course four.
There are five courses in the program.
So...even though I didn't hit my goal (to be done by Christmas/first of the year)...I am still pushing myself and making myself work on it every day.
My new goal is to be done by summer...fingers crossed!
I would love to find work by fall.
That is my new goal.

So what else is new...
The boys are also plugging along in school.
It doesn't seem possible the school year is half over.
Nate is in fifth grade and Evan is a sophomore.
How can it be...that Nate will be in middle school next year and Evan a junior?
Let's just move on to another topic.
That makes me feel old.

Nate is doing baseball camp.
It's a two Saturday program put on by the rec department.
The high school coach and varsity team run it.
I was quite impressed by the organization of it all.
He really learned a lot!
He is planning to play on a team again this spring through the rec department.

Evan isn't doing any sports right now, though he's thinking about soccer next year.
He's still in the band and they have a spring concert coming up.
The Disney trip was cancelled due to so many students not being able to afford to go.
Instead, they will be going to Chicago.
They have an amazing itinerary lined up!
I told him I'm jealous and want to go with him!
LOL!
WinterFest Dance is this Saturday and he still hasn't made up his mind whether he'll go or not.
He's still debating on asking a certain someone.
Things are up in the air.
It's always last minute with him.
Drives a mother nuts, LOL!

Jam and I are still running the daycare/preschool.
That keeps us busy.
It has it's ups and downs.
We have dreams for the future...
I am hoping sooner than later!

Winter has been crazy here in Michigan.
We've hardly had any snow this winter.
We've seen more grass than snow!
We've had warmer temperatures and a lot of rain.
It's been really strange.
I kind of miss the snow!

We've all been very healthy this year...knock on wood!
I have a slight sore throat right now but I'm fighting it all the way and refusing to get sick!

My baking business is steady.
I have at least one or two requests a month.
I like it that way.
You can visit my baking blog, website, Facebook page, or Twitter at the links on my sidebar of this blog!

Like I said...not a lot new.
We're pretty boring.
But I like it that way.
No news is good news.
TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment