Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Mackinac Island...must I leave?

 We spent our annual (mom and dad only) Memorial Day weekend on Mackinac Island again this year.  We always come up on a Thursday and come home on Sunday.  We're actually gone before Memorial Day itself, as we have to be home for our local Memorial Day parade because our boys are in the middle and high school bands and have to march/play in the parade.
 Gorgeous tulips at Mission Point.
We always have an amazing time (it's impossible not to).
And I always hate to leave (except to get back and see my babes).
 Love these daffodils!
Everything blooms much later on the island due to the differences in weather.
Our daffodils downstate are LONG gone.
 Our tulips are long gone too!
Theirs are at their peak right now!
 We stayed at the Harbour View Inn.
It has become our new favorite on the island.
It is, by far, the cleanest, friendliest, and has great deals. 
We love it.
 We love taking long walks along the 8 mile perimeter.
 We usually overdo it, end up sun burnt, and overly tired...but that's the Mackinac vacation way and we love it!
 I got my hair cut (even shorter) just before we left.
I wasn't sure about it at first...but now...I think I love it!
 I'm sure Evan will be jealous of me...we stopped for fried pickles at the Cannon Ball at British Landing!
 TRILLIUM!
 One of my favorite flowers!
 This spider was HUGE.  I kid you not.  It was half the size of my palm.
And that ain't no "fish story"!
 A dead bat we came across in the forrest.
That is as close as I will ever get to a bat (on purpose).
They are everywhere at night on the island.
HATE THEM.
 Gorgeous tulips at Fort Mackinac.
 Can't believe they are at their peak here.
 Ours have been gone for weeks!


 I wish my hubs would join me in more photos...he hates having his picture taken.
 Our last night here...getting ready to head out for dinner!
We'll be leaving tomorrow...whaaa!
But we'll be back in July!
The boys will be coming with us then, and we're trying to talk grandma and grandpa into coming up for a few days too!  We shall see!
Until next time beloved Mackinac!
We'll miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment