Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Growing Out The Pixie...Update...

So...it's been nearly 18 months of "growing out the pixie."
I can't believe I've lasted this long!
Nearly every time I get my hair cut short...I never last.
I end up chopping it off short again.
Don't get me wrong...
I've been tempted...many a times.
I've seen A LOT of cute short cuts out there!
And I've gone through some major awkward stages.
But...
I did it!
I'm actually happy with my hair!
People are starting to compliment me on it!
Yay!
I've never had "good hair".
So to get a compliment on my hair just MAKES MY DAY.
I usually get more compliments when my hair is in a shorter style.
People seemed to like the pixie.
But I got THE MOST compliments when I wore a short angled bob.
I used to wear it super short and layered in back...
And then angled on the sides.
People seemed to really like that style on me.
"I" really liked that style on me.
Only thing, it required SO MUCH upkeep...keeping it trimmed every 6 weeks...
Well, so did the pixie...
That's the great thing about growing my hair out now...
I haven't had it trimmed in...
I don't know how long!
I was going every 6 weeks during the first few months because I was in such awful "growing it out" stages.  I HAD to keep it trimmed to have any kind of style to it.
But now...it's so healthy, I haven't even had the ends trimmed in several months!
I use Healthy Sexy Hair on my hair (argan oil) when I blow dry.
And if I roll it in sponge rollers at night, I put some leave-in conditioning oil in it before I roll it.
I forget the name of it.
I've just been trimming my own bangs (I know...naughty).
But so far...it's working for me!
I've been taking Biotin for the entire 18 months I've been growing it out and I think it really helps.  My hair normally grows SOOOOOO SLOW.
Not sure how long I'm gonna let it get...but for now...we're just still growin'!
Stay tuned for more updates!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment