Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2015

As promised...the Mitten Bakers Cookie Gathering!



Last Saturday was the Mitten Bakers Cookie Gathering.
The Mitten Bakers is an online group I belong to, made up of bakers from mostly Michigan, but also northern Ohio, northern Indiana, and a few from Canada.  The administrators of our group planned and put together this gathering within just a few short months and let me tell you...it was FABULOUS!  A full day of classes, contests, raffles, prizes, swag bags, food, and friendship!  The swag bags were FILLED with amazing baking items from awesome sponsors!  It was so awesome spending the day with others who share my love of all things sugar!  We had six classes/demos...everything from airbrushing, stenciling, royal icing transfers, hand-painting on cookies, stamping on cookies, and cake pops.  You can read my FULL post about the day on my baking blog:
Sweet Ivy Confections.
The flower cookie above was from our airbrushing class. 

 This super mom cookie was from our stenciling class.
 This cookie was my first attempt at painting on cookies.
Clearly, this isn't my strong point...yet.
Unfortunately my airbrushed cookie didn't make it home in one piece.
All of our airbrushed flowers.
We had a Super Hero themed contest & my friend entered this cookie w/ my photo as a little private joke between us.


This was my entry in the contest! Super Cookier!

 It was an amazing day learning new things and hanging out with some of the most talented women in the state and surrounding areas who share my love of sugar!  We all made so many new friends!  Don't forget to read the full post on my baking blog!
Below are a few things I've been working on since the gathering...practice makes perfect!
Thanks for reading!
TTFN!




2 comments:

  1. It looks like an amazing day! All you pictures are making me want snacks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should bring you some cookies when we visit the Island!
    We're visiting in June and August I think! :)

    ReplyDelete