Pages

Friday, June 5, 2015

May Musings...Let's Catch Up...

 Well, as I've mentioned before...since I've started going back to school full time (along with working full time)...the blog has taken a back seat.   But I figure as long as I can get one good post a month and catch up our family life...I'm doing good!  Ha!
We're doing well, busy as always.  Yesterday was National Hug A Cat Day...hence the first picture in the post, LOL!  Katarina is the little princess in our household, so I had to nab a picture of her for the day.
 Yesterday was Nate's last day of school.  It was his last year at Cityside.  Look out ZEHS...here he comes!  He came home with his Celebr8 video (year end photo/video), a President's Education Awards Program certificate, 8th grade graduation certificate, and a Finish Strong t-shirt (logging hours for staying active/physically fit).  He is looking forward to a summer of relaxation.
 In my "spare time" (right), I've been experimenting with some Pinterest ideas I've always wanted to try...namely dry shampoo.  It turned out really well and I really like it!  This one is very simple...corn starch and oatmeal.  I love that it's all natural and inexpensive...and best of all, it works!
A couple weeks ago, mom, Jess, and I had our annual Girl's Day Out.  We love going to thrift stores.  It's like treasure hunting!  We always enjoy lunch out and coffee or smoothies later!


 We stopped in Hobby Lobby while we were out thrifting and they had a clearance on their wall decor.  I got this cute "J" and pink platter for 60% off.  I'm going to spray paint the "J" and use chalkboard paint on the tray and hang both in my kitchen!
 Between all of our thrift store stops, I found an abundance of cookie cutters!  Cookie cutters are my obsession.  I love coming across unusual or vintage ones.  It's actually rare when I find one I don't have.
 I got quite a few cute clothes.  My summer wardrobe expanded!
 In other news, my rose bushes are blooming!
 As you all know, I'm going back to school to get my teaching degree.  My school (WGU) held a little contest (Thank A Teacher) and I wrote a post about my favorite high school teacher...and I was selected as one of the winners!  I won a $30.00 gift certificate to the school store!  I chose this hoodie!
 I have had this beautiful flowering bush in my yard for 15 years.  Each year I post a picture and ask friends if they know what it's called.  No one ever knows what it is.  This year, a friend of mine helped me locate a picture of it online and we discovered it's called a Japanese Snowball!  Unfortunately, the blooms only last about 2 weeks.  But I love it!
 Last year, my mom gave me some Hens & Chicks to plant...they came back!  I love succulents!
 Nate and I have been taking bike rides in the evenings.  I hope to do this all summer long.  It's one of the few forms of exercise I enjoy!
 Tulip Time was a success again this year.  This was Nate's last year marching with the middle school band.  Next year he'll march with the high school band.  Evan said it was weird NOT to be marching after 7 years in the band!
 The parades are always fun and the evenings filled with walking through the tulips and getting fair food are great too!

 There's my Nate!

 Nate once again made the Champion Chix list all 6 terms and was a part of the awards ceremony.  We were very proud of him!
 I've been busy working with my baking business.  I did this graduation gift for our pastor's son.  If you haven't already, be sure to check out my baking blog at:
http://sweetivyconfections.blogspot.com/
We are also on Facebook:
Sweet Ivy Confections
And Twitter:
Sweet_Ivy_Conf
I have a wedding order coming up...400 cake pops and a small cutting cake for the bride and groom!  So this month will be busy!
 Our car lease was up this year...and we are now the proud new owners of a Toyota Rav4!
We really love it!  We are buying instead of leasing this time.
 And...introducing...EVAN'S CAR!  Yes, my baby has his own car now!
He completed his first year at GVSU and has been working full time this summer at Meijer.  He bought it all on his own!  It's a 2005 Toyota Matrix.  He really loves it.  INDEPENDENCE!
Nate had his end of year trip with his class to Mackinac Island.  He had a blast, but they jam pack so much into 24 hours, he said he's really looking forward to our family trip in June when he can do his own thing, LOL!
Well, that about sums up our May.  Hope you're all having an amazing summer!
TTFN!
post signature

1 comment: