Pages

Friday, July 10, 2015

Mackinac Island In June!

 In June, we took a trip to our favorite vacation destination, Mackinac Island.
People don't even have to ask us where we're going on vacation...they know.
Our love for the Island is evident.  Everyone knows.
Some folks have asked us, "Don't you get sick of going there? Don't you want to go somewhere else?"  And they always get a resounding (from all four of us) "NO THANK-YOU!"  Haha!
We stayed for five days and had a wonderful time.
One of my favorite signs on a trail.
 It rained a little, but we never let that dampen our spirits.  "That's what umbrellas are for!" we always say!  We still walk, hike, bike, and do every other thing we feel like doing.  No amount of imperfect weather stops us!
 We walked the entire perimeter of the Island (8 miles) and stopped off at British Landing at the CannonBall for fried pickles.
 I always love seeing all of these rock statues that people stop and build.  The boys stopped and created one during our walk.
 The flowers are always so beautiful on the Island.
 For June, it was actually quite cool (meaning jackets most days and even jeans for me on a few occasions).
 Naturally, being so cool...I didn't think about sunscreen (one of the few days I wore shorts).
So, my knees got a little fried as I was sitting outside by the lake.
 Me and my babes!
The boys on their electronics...
 We stayed at the Harbour View Inn.
 Me and my Natee!
 We always stop off at Sadie's for ice cream (at least once)!
 Gorgeous flowers at Mission Point.
 Jamie and the boys at Sugar Loaf.
 GORGEOUS lilacs!
My guys get sick of me...I stop at EVERY lilac bush to stop and smell them, LOL!
 Jamie and the boys hiking up Rifle Range to see the newly built Fort Holmes.
All of us at Round Island Bar & Grill for dinner.
We had an awesome time and will be headed back later this summer with my parents for a week!  I can't wait!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment