Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Mackinaw City/Mackinac Island...July 2016


The boys humored me with a photo by the bear at the Crossings.
 Last year, for the first time in a LONG time, we didn't go to Mackinac Island over July 4th.
We missed it so much!
So we knew we had to go back this 4th!
We spent our first night of our vacation in Mackinaw City.
On day 1, we spent a little time shopping at the Crossings and along Main St.
Then we spent a little time at the beach.
The boys love going out into the lake and playing in the waves.
I enjoy just sitting in a lounge chair catching a few rays.
I did pretty good and only managed a few little streaks of sunburn where I missed applying my SPF, haha.

 You have to stop at Mickey's for ice cream while in the City.
Only $3.00 for a HUGE "single" dip, which is really TWO HUGE scoops of two different flavors on an enormous waffle cone!
 Next day, we woke up and caught an early ferry to the Island.
We stayed at the Main Street Inn.
It's lovely.
Clean, friendly, and many amenities!
 We always enjoy the morning coffee and cucumber water in the hallway.
 Our room was spacious, clean, and comfortable.
 And each night, you get turn-down service with a fudge treat from Joann's!
 Another favorite of ours, on a hot day, is a stop at Lucky Bean for smoothies.
Personally I like either the mango or the lemonade smoothie.
Jam and Nate on the Arch Rock staircase.
 We hiked all over.
And made stops at all of our favorite places, like Arch Rock...
 And Sugar Loaf...
 And Ft. Holmes...
My niece Raegan and I at Arch Rock.
 On Monday, my sister and her family came up for a few days!
 My sissy and I at Arch Rock.
 We had dinner together on the 4th at The Pink Pony.
 We took our favorite Fireworks Cruise aboard Shepler's Ferry.
I always pack glow bracelets and necklaces for us, haha!
 My happy little fam aboard the boat!
 They take you under the Mighty Mac bridge.
It's a fun experience before the fireworks begin.
Raegan, Me, and Jess...
 Another night, we all played golf together!
 Golfing...
We all stacked some rocks near the lake...that was fun.


And we had a family game night.
What a riot!
We had a great time with perfect weather.
Can't wait to go back!
What has your family been doing this summer?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment