Pages

Sunday, January 28, 2018

2017 Wrapped Up In One Post...





I did it again.
I'm one of "those' bloggers.
The ones who walk away from their blogs and leave them hanging without any explanation.
I abandoned "Melody's Muse" for an entire year.
How did that happen?!?!
Well...I at least owe the year of 2017 one post.
So here goes...
It was a good year.
A busy year.
In March I attended our church's ladies conference "She Is Brave."
It was awesome.
I donated a gift basket of cookies for a door prize.
Amazingly enough, the gal who won the basket was from another church and we were able to become friends!
Love how God works!

In May, we went to Tulip Time as usual.
Gotta go downtown to see the gorgeous tulips, Dutch Dancers, and get some amazing greasy fair food!

Mom, Jess, and I always manage to squeeze in a Girls Day Out a couple times a year.
We LOVE our thrift stores!
We always stop for lunch and coffee or a smoothie too.
BTW...I think it's time for another...hmmm...right girls?

This year, I was so privileged and honored to teach "Projects With A Purpose" at our Vacation Bible School.
It was a really fun time that I enjoyed so much.
A lot of kids!
I was nervous, but it was so much fun.
We didn't finish our projects...and I felt really bad about that.
But I think the kiddos had a great time regardless.

 In July, we made our annual trip to Mackinac Island.
"Don't you ever get tired of going to the same spot for vacation?" people always ask.
NEVER!
Mackinac is in our heart.
It's a part of us.
I would be so sad if we weren't able to go each year.
I love our yearly trips!
We have the best time.
Toward the end of summer, we made a trip to Chicago with the boys.
We took the train from Michigan City and headed down.
It was a great time.
We did some shopping, and lots of eating, and even more walking.
It was great.

In September, my dad celebrated his 70th birthday!
How did that happen?
He's still a spring chicken!
We love having mom and dad closer to us in Grand Haven now.
We get to see them a lot more.
It's great.
Jam and I made one more trip back to Mackinac in the fall.
Just the two of us.
It was fun.
The trees were gorgeous.
The colors were so vibrant.
Just amazing.

This is my friend Veronica and her daughter.
This fall I did my first cookie decorating lesson at her house.
We had a great time together.
Did you know you can still make sugar cookie (roll-outs) without a rolling pin?
DON'T ASK.
But you can, hehehe!
In October, we participated in our church's trunk-or-treat.
It was a storybook theme.
We did Dr. Seuss' Cat In The Hat.
We had a great time.
Soooooo many kids!

In December I enjoyed helping out decorate the church for Christmas.
I have so loved getting more involved at our church the last couple years.
It's the best.

December brought our annual ladies Christmas tea..
What a great event.
It's always so beautiful.
This was my second year hosting a table.
It was a lot of fun.
 We celebrated Christmas this year at mom and dad's new place for the first time.
We had a great time with loads of food, crazy games, and gifts.

From our family to yours, we hope 2018 is full of health and happiness!
God bless!







post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment