Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

This is me...


I chose this picture the other night because I was going to write this post as I was feeling rather sad...thus the downcast eyes.

But the more I thought about it...I changed my mind.

I had a bit of an epiphany...big word for me, I know...LOL.

Many times I feel bad because I feel I am not "pleasing" others or living up to their expectations, or doing what THEY want from me.

The little revelation I had tonight was...

It's not my fault how others feel.

YOU choose how you feel.

I am what I am.

I'm not going to change the way I am.

I will always work on improving things in my life.

But what ya see is what ya get.

I am first and foremost a wife and mother...full time.

I own my own business and work (MORE THAN) full time.
We try to keep up with all the boys school and church events...sports, activities, events, campouts, and more.
And yet...I still feel bad at times...alot of times...because I'm not making everyone happy and meeting their expectations.
You know what?
It's not my job to make people happy!
As the saying goes..."You can please all of the people some of the time, you can please some of the people all the the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time."
I am trying really hard to live my life by that saying.
I am not responsible for how people choose to feel.
If people choose to feel anger, hurt, regret, etc...that is a choice.
Life is too short.
We need to accept people how they are.
We can't change them.
We like it, or lump it.
If we want those people in our life...we better choose to just accept it and move on.
I have walked over hot coals for much of my life trying to make people happy, yet who ends up unhappy? Me.
This is me.
This is who I am.
I am a wife.
I am a mom.
I am a business owner.
I am a christian.
I am not a good housekeeper.
I enjoy baking...and can follow recipes...but I'm no chef.
I wreck a lot of clothes in the laundry.
I am addicted to make-up.
I "claim" to be a scrapper and stamper...but I make no time to do it.
I am obsessed and so in love with my husband and two sons.
I will always have a cat in my life.
I am addicted to reality tv.
I hate mornings.
I love decorating for holidays.
I hate exercising.
I am obsessed with potato chips.
I hate gossip.
I don't like being ignored.
I like giving and receiving compliments.
I am afraid of the dark.
I hate flying.
I love all things girly and feminine.
If I didn't work full time, I would have had a larger family...possibly four children.
I don't like being bossed around.
I like being asked my opinion.
I have always felt like a "black sheep"...period.
There's more...
But this is a lot of me...in a nutshell.
It's who I am.
I will never be perfect.
But God made me...so you can take that up with Him if you don't like me of get mad at me, LOL!
Life's short...
Don't harbor anger or hurt at others.
Let's have fun.
I know I'm gonna try!





No comments:

Post a Comment