Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

That demon SpongeBob!

Squidward called someone a moron!
Oh my gosh!
What is this world coming to?
Seriously parents...if moron is the worst your kids hear, they'll be doing well.
What is all the hype about SpongeBob being so wicked and evil?
I mean seriously!
There is NOTHING wrong with children watching a little tv for PURE ENTERTAINMENT!
Everything doesn't have to be educational.
We teach them all day.
They are taught at school all day.
My kids are taught on Sundays and Wednesdays at church.
Our kids are ALWAYS learning!
Who really cares if they let their brain VEG for 30 minutes and watch a little SpongeBob!?!


Let's talk about all the "pure entertainment" parents watch on tv.
TV is FILLED with violence, vulgarity, adultry, drugs, alcoholism, sleeping around, profanity, etc.
Are YOU always watching EDUCATIONAL shows?
Of course not!
Now who's calling the kettle black!
I know I like to soak up a little reality tv every once in a while!
Does that bring anything to my brain?
Absolutely not.
It's plain old entertainment.
Why not let your kids have some?

Honestly SpongeBob has had a lot of good life lessons in my experience with the show.
Friendship, inclusion, telling the truth, etc.

I don't know about you...
I guess I feel I've just educated my children enough and have seen them make good choices based on all I've taught them, than to have to worry about them saying "moron" because Squidward told them to.
Have you never called that driver who cut you off a moron (or worse)?
I rest my case.

Give your kids a little credit.
Teach them right from wrong.
Let them MAKE the RIGHT choice.
It's not like Mr. Krabs is cursing.
IN FACT, they had an episode about NOT CURSING!
I'm telling you people...RELAX.
It's a cartoon.
It won't turn their brain to mush.
We all need to let our hair down once in a while.

As for me and my house...
We will watch SpongeBob!

Bikini Bottom Rules!

No comments:

Post a Comment