Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Our random summer so far...

Well, I seem to be doing ok updating the blog with all the important things like vacations, birthdays, and holidays.
But I haven't really included any random day to day information or pictures.
We have had a fairly laid back summer.
Very quiet.
Work has been slow.
As you can see, even the cat has been takin' it easy this summer, LOL!
(No, he shouldn't be on the coffee table, but he thinks he rules this house.)

The boys are enjoying being off school.
They love being able to stay up later than usual.
Nate and kitty usually snuggle each night while watching a little tv before bed.

Looks like they're both getting sleepy.

My peace lily bloomed this summer for the second time in TEN YEARS!
I have had this plant about ten years and it had blooms on it when I bought it...
And then...
Nothing.
For ten years.
It was healthy.
But no blooms.

Then out of the blue...last week, it bloomed!

We are attempting container gardening for the first time this summer.
We are doing tomatoes, cucumbers, yellow peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, and strawberries.

So far, so good.
We have a HUGE cucumber almost ready to harvest.
The broccoli and cauliflower are getting really big.
I have a little yellow pepper (that the bugs are fighting me over).
We have five tomatoes coming in.
And the strawberries are coming in one by one each day!

Ev has had a pretty quiet summer.
He decided to wait until next summer to take driver's training.
He is "technically" old enough.
But he is still one of the youngest in his grade.
He will still be only fifteen next summer, so he's decided to do it then.
He has applied for a job at about half a dozen places, but just like the "adult" economy, teens are having a hard time getting jobs too.
I think cat was going crazy over Ev's beef jerkey in this picture, LOL!
Evan was trying to eat a bedtime snack and Oreo was giving him a hard time.

The boys have been doing some target practice.
Evan got a bb gun for his birthday.
And he has been letting Nate use his old air soft gun.
Dad and Papa have enjoyed doing this with them.





Nate stays busy during the day dragging out old puzzles, games, riding his bike, and such.

Oreo celebrated his sixth birthday in July.
We've had him for four LONG years now, LOL!
We love that silly boy.
He's such a part of our family.
My third son, LOL!

This was the first harvest from my strawberry plant!
Yay!

Don't ask.
I have no idea what Nate and kitty are doing!
Those two are so silly!

My roses are doing amazing this year.
I know nothing about them.
I prune them quite frequently and they seem to come back bigger and bigger each time I do!



I won a drawing this summer too!
This cute little basket, cookies, and a cookie cutter compliments of Ellie's Bites Decorated Cookies!
You should check out her blog, she's really amazingly talented.
In fact, she's got another giveaway going on right now!

I planted my petunias as usual this summer.
They don't seem to be thriving like they do most summers.
Who knows.

One of my clients gave me this hanging basket at the end of the school year.
I have never grown begonias.
I hope I'm treating them ok, LOL!
Well, that's a bit of our summer in a nut-shell.
You can see all the other trips, outing, and celebrations in other posts.
But these are our random lazy days!
Happy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment