Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

When it's too hot to go outside...practice your BAKING/DECORATING! :)

It has been so hot here lately.
There are Air Quality Alerts, High Heat Warnings...
They're telling us "stay inside", "check on your neighbors", "stay hydrated".
With the temps in the 90s, the heat index over 100, and the humity levels at 60-70%...
There is NO WAY I'm going outside.
It's miserable.
And unhealthy.
So...
What else is there to do?

Practice some more of my baking/decorating skills!
Although I must admit...hubby wasn't too thrilled at the thought of me turning on the oven...
Even with central air...our upper level gets WAY hot.
So he usually retreats to the family room downstairs or to our bedroom where it's always about 10 degrees cooler for some reason.

I just thought I'd try some different things.
I've never done anything like this.
After reading so many wonderful baking blogs...
(Check them out some time...they're all listed on my sidebar!)
I get the itch to try new things.

They turned out "OK".
Not perfect.
Not great.
But "OK".
I still don't have a very steady hand.
I baked a whole bunch of shapes, but only decorated these three tonight.
So...
As long as it's too hot to go outside...
You'll probably be seeing more of my work!

No comments:

Post a Comment