Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Why yes! As a matter of fact...I AM A GOOD MOM!...A DARN GOOD ONE!

Most people who know me well, know that there is one thing I struggle with.
Self-esteem.
I'm not good enough.
The need to be the best.
At everything.
Not worthy.
Wanting to find my niche.
Something...
Anything...
That I'm good at.
I put myself down.
Trying various activities and hobbies...
And never being able to "master" any one thing.
I can do many things "ok"...
But I'm not "great" at anything.
Well...
There is ONE THING...
ONE THING...
That I have come to realize that I am good at.
I have NEVER doubted myself at this.
I have always thought I was GREAT at this.
NEVER questioned my gut or instincts.
Not perfect by any means.
But I KNOW, that I KNOW, that I KNOW...
I AM GOOD AT THIS ONE THING!
BEING A MOM!
For some reason...
As lacking as I am in the self-esteem area...
Thinking I am no good at anything...
Always questioning myself and all I do...
I have NEVER doubted ONCE that I am a good mom.
I KNOW that I make good solid choices.
I KNOW that my decisions are solid.
I am CONFIDENT in how I raise my kids.
I KNOW I'M GOOD AT IT!
There...I said it.
Am I being cocky?
I don't know.
Maybe.
Who cares!
No one else seems to have a problem tooting their own horn at things that they're good at.
Everyone seems to have "something" they do well.
Maybe you're good at scrapbooking.
Maybe it's stamping.
Maybe it's cake decorating.
Maybe you're an awesome cook.
Maybe you are a star athlete.
Maybe you have a great body.
Maybe your hair is beautiful.
Guess what?
I am NONE of that.
But one thing I am good at...
DARN GOOD AT...
Is being a mom.
And I know it!
My kids are respectful.
My kids are empathetic.
My kids play by the rules.
My kids are kind.
My kids are caring.
Are they perfect?
NO.
My kids make mistakes.
My kids argue.
My kids disobey.
My kids screw up.
But...
Ask anyone who knows my kids...
Are they trust-worthy?
Yep.
Are they dependable?
You bet.
Are they a good friend?
Uh-huh.
Are they God-loving, elder-respecting, rule obeying, animal loving, team players who'll do anything for anybody?
Yes, that's my boys!
I believe I have taught them well.
I believe being a mom is THE ONE THING I excel at.
Am I tooting my own horn?
Yeah, maybe I am.
Because I'm darn proud of my boys and who they are becoming!
When I work with other people's children all day...
Day in and day out...
And see the parenting that goes on...
And the way kids are acting...
Yeah...you BET I'm proud of my kids and I'm proud of myself!
I believe we're doin' something right in the James household!
And with God's help, I will continue to raise my boys to be men of God, whom people will be proud to say they know!

No comments:

Post a Comment