Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Homelife, Kitties, PumpkinFest, A New Hair Cut, & Other Random Things...

It's been busy since school started.
There aren't too many quiet nights at home anymore.

Oh how I miss (and savor) the quiet nights at home.
Now our evenings are filled with homework, band practice, football games, band competitions, church activities, school activities, and so much more.
I miss just sitting at home with my babies, my hubby, and my kitty.

One (rare) evening that we were home...
Oleson the barn cat came by for a visit.

He lives in the old barn behind us.
I think he can tell we're "cat people".
He's never in a hurry to leave.

Plus, he and Oreo seem to enjoy visiting each other.

There's no hissing.
Just meowing and rolling around as if they're both comforable "chatting" and catching up with each other, LOL!

Plus, I think Oleson remembers that we keep treats!
So we always share.  Teehee!

As you can see, he was in no hurry to leave!

Last Friday, Evan had a football game to play at...so Nate and I skipped out for this time...and took in PumpkinFest.

He loved these two horses made of straw!
And he made sure I had my picture taken by the scarecrow's outhouse, LOL!
Milking the tin cow!
One of our favorite things each year...is the petting zoo.
Critter Barn always sets up a mobile petting zoo area.
We love the bunnies!
But Nate's VERY favorite is the baby chicks!
They had turkeys, chickens, pigs, goats, lambs, bunnies, donkeys, and much more!
We love all the Pumpkin People they set up downtown!
Zeeland Lumber always sets up a crafting area for the kids with scraps of lumber and wood.
They let them make "creations" with wood glue.
And of course we enjoyed some cotton candy.
I love this little Pumpkin Train they put out each year!
Saturday we went to the parade, as Evan had to play/march with the band.
It was soooooooooooo hot!
We want our fall weather back!
Here comes our favorite band!
ZHS marching band!
They played Lady Gaga...and though I'm not a fan...I had the tune stuck in my head all day after that, LOL!
There's Evan in the center...see him?!?
And there they go!
The Zeeland Chix and Dux float!
We picked a bad area to stand...as we were at the end of the parade route, so many of the folks were out of candy by the time they got to us.  Nate was a little disappointed.
The giant mobile pumpkin from the New Salem Corn Maze.
Love that place!
Can't wait to go back!
I also got my hair cut on Saturday.
It's not a totally different style.
But it's quite a bit shorter.
She put a lot of layers on the sides, stacked the back, and I kept a longer bang.
So now I have three styles to choose from...straight like I used to wear it...or MESSY and TOSSLED like this!
I kinda like the messy look.
It's still not as radical as I was hoping for...maybe next time I'll go crazy!
I can also wear it tucked back, nice and sleek, with volume like this too!
I kinda like it this way.
Totally different.

And that's what's been happening!
Hopefully after football/marching band season...things will slow down a bit.
Maybe.
Nah...

No comments:

Post a Comment