Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

Blonde is better...for me.

So I figured I better document this one.
Just so it can go down in history as one of those...
"Been there, done that...probably wasn't the best move" moments.
I went to the salon around the corner and had my hair colored.
My sister just recently had her hair cut...
Super short.
As in...
Michele Williams short.
And it looks really cute.
I had been wanting a change.
And my sister kept encouraging me to go ultra-short as well.
But I told her that as slow as my hair grows, when I decided to grow it out again...
It would take me until I'm 70 to have chin-length hair again.
Yeah...my hair grows that slow.
So I decided that maybe a bold new color was the route to go.
Something wild and radical.
I told the colorist and we worked together on a shade.
What we discussed was more of a "chocolate-brown" with "auburn/red highlights".
The final result...
Was...
RED.
VERY RED.
I am not disappointed or angry.
It is what it is.
I get compliments daily on it.
Not only from friends and family...but even perfect strangers have told me, "I love your hair color!"
My friends described it as "sassy", "chic", even "hawt"!
I however...
Have been unsure of it ever since I had it done.
Normally, NOTHING scares me with my hair.
I always say, "It's hair...it will grow back."
And with this too...it will eventually wash out.
I don't "dislike" it.
It's just that about a week after I had it done...
I was already missing my blonde.
Crazy, eh?
So anyway...
Live and learn.
I think for someone as fickle as me...who's always changing her mind...
Maybe I should have done a short-term color.
Something that maybe only lasts a couple weeks.
They say red fades the fastest...
But I have to say...
This is lasting quite a while!
Go figure, LOL.
Like I said, I don't dislike it...I'm just ready to be blonde again.
I won't be recoloring it blonde, as my hair tends to be "fragile"...
So, I'll let it run it's course.
And just chalk this one up to...
Live and learn, LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment