Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

Four Cheese Macaroni & Cheese

If you like mac & cheese...
You're going to LOVE this recipe!
This has become my family's favorite homemade mac & cheese recipe.
It had been a while since I'd made it, and when I cooked it last night, my youngest son said, "Mom!  This is the best macaroni ever!  You have GOT to start making it more often!"
Ok, so there ya have it!
Macaroni according to Nate!

There are four cheese in this recipe.
I just recently discovered that I REALLY like blue cheese.
To tell you the honest truth, I always just "thought" I didn't like it...because it was blue.
I never really tried it.
But I finally tried it...
AND NOW I LOVE IT!
I can sit and just eat it out of the container!
Funny thing is, my youngest son "thinks" he doesn't like it.
He said, "Mom, there's no blue cheese in here, is there?"
Well, I wasn't going to spoil his delight in his favorite macaroni.
So I said, "Do you taste blue cheese?"
He said, "Nope!"
And he went on eating without another word.
I didn't lie!
Hehe!
I just didn't answer!

This recipe just calls for cooking it on the stove top...but if you like it all baked and bubbly and crisp on top...after you cook it on the stove top, place it in a 9 x 13 baking dish and sprinkle a little more cheddar across the top and bake it until it's nice and bubbly and brown.
I've done that and it's yummy as well!

And so...here is the recipe for Four Cheese Macaroni.
(Oh, and forgive me...I do not know who to give proper credit to!  I've had this recipe for so long on a photo-copied sheet of paper and there is no name on it.  My appologies!)


Four Cheese Macaroni

1 16 oz. box of pasta (elbow macaroni, penne, bow-tie, spirals, etc.)
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
3 c. milk
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 c. shredded swiss cheese
1/2 c. crumbled blue cheese
1/2 c. parmesan cheese

Cook pasta according to package.  Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium heat, melt butter.  Stir in flour, salt, and pepper until smooth.  Bring to a boil; boil and stire for 2 minutes.  Gradually add milk, stirring constantly.  Reduce heat to low; add cheeses and stir until melted.  Drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce and stir until well coated.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment