Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Chili Cheese Turnovers


I used to subscribe to a wonderful magazine called "Quick Cooking".
I only got it for one year...and really don't know why I never renewed my subscription because it has so many awesome recipes!
They are mostly "comfort food" as I like to call them.
A lot of slow cooker recipes, baked goods, casseroles, soups...all those good fall/winter dishes that really pack on the pounds...er, uh...I mean stick to your ribs...or taste mighty scrumptious!

This recipe was from the September/October 2004 issue and I'm just now getting around to trying it.  See...that's probably why I didn't renew.  There were still so many recipes I hadn't tried...I figured I needed time to catch up!
Well here we are eight years later and I'm starting to try these yummy meals again.
So with no further ado...here is the recipe for Chili Cheese Turnovers.
I think some Doritos on the side would make a nice lunch!
Here we go!

Chili Cheese Turnovers

2 tubes (10 ounces each) refrigerated pizza crust
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans
1 can (15 ounces) ranch-style beans or chili beans, drained
1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained (i.e. Rotel)
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream

On a lightly floured surface, press pizza dough into two 12-in. squares. Cut each into four 6-in. squares.  In a bowl, combine the cheese, chili, and beans.  Spoon 1/2 cup in the center of each square.  Fold dough diagonally over filling; press edges to seal.
Place in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans.  Bake at 425 degrees for 13-18 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool for 5 minutes.  Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine tomatoes and sour cream.  Serve with turnovers.
Yield 8 servings.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. These look yummy!!!!!! Mmmm! Thanks for sharing the recipe (and the picture)!

    ReplyDelete