Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Mackinac Island...One last trip before the new school year!

 You know us...
We never overlook any time we can squeeze in one more trip to Mackinac Island!
We managed to grab one more outing up north before school started this year over the Labor Day weekend. 
Yay!
We had fun.
Here is Evan up by Anne's Tablet.
We love getting away from all the "tourists" and exploring nature and history.
 Evan and me near Anne's Tablet.
 Some trails we've taken dozens and dozens of times.
Others...we discover anew each time we visit.
 Nate and Jamie "posing" for me.
Shhh, don't tell Jamie his picture is on the blog...he hates his picture being taken, LOL!
And better yet...Nate is giving him bunny ears, teehee!
 We stayed at The Inn on Mackinac.
It's quite nice.
The boys always enjoy playing in the spa pool.
 They have a blast in there.
 My silly Nate and me...ready for another day!
 I love this picture of Evan...taking a break during one of our hikes.
 Thursday when we arrived, the winds were SO STRONG.
 Sometimes I debate on not taking anymore pictures...as I've probably got every possible "Mackinac scene".  But I decided that I will NEVER leave my camera home or stop taking pictures.
This is OUR PLACE...if folks tire of seeing the pics...they don't have to look.
We LOVE this place and it will always remain in our hearts so I will always take pictures.
I started coming here with my family back when I was teen...and then Jamie and I honeymooned here...and now we bring our boys here and they love it as much as we do.
 Strike a pose Nate!
King of the forest!
 I caught this monarch butterfly in the flowers at Mission Point and had to snap a picture of him!
 Breakfast!
 Ready for another day!
Chillaxin'!
 We saw a large group of people stop and staring at this tree.
When we looked closer, we saw it was a Pileated Woodpecker.
 If you go up into the island, there are rectangular holes in many of the trees.
The Pileated Woodpeckers peck rectangles instead of circle shaped holes!
 Another great shot of Jamie, hehe! 
Shh, don't tell him this one is here either!
 Thanks Nate for cutting my head off!  LOL!
 That's better son!
 The boys love exploring the rocky beaches.
 They enjoy discovering the fish and tadpoles and shells.
 Since I am the only one who ever takes pictures of our family...I have to occasionally snap one of myself or I'd never be in any, LOL!
 Proof that I was, indeed, there on vacation with the family, LOL!
 Call them weeds, call them wildflowers...I think they're gorgeous.
 Stacking rock formations!
 Hello duckie!
 Natee...
 My three favorite guys!
Tomorrow we go home...home for the winter.
We'll miss you Mackinac...but we'll be back in May...and July...and...as many times as we can squeeze in!
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment