Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

"I wish...I wish...I wish..."

I have a few friends, who every time I mention something positive happening in my life, they will say something like, "Oh, you are so lucky!" or "I wish I could do that!" or something to that fact.
I have almost hit a place in my life where these kinds of phrases frustrate me.
Some people say, "You can do anything you put your mind to."
Well, I don't completely agree with that.
Some things take a lot of resources, money, time, or right out "knowing the right person".
So I don't believe that you can do "anything".
However, I DO believe you can "make things happen" in your life.
You can succeed.
You can provide for your family.
When friends say to me, "You are so lucky" or "I wish I could do that"...YOU CAN!
Everything in my life that I have, I have those things because of TWO things:
1. Hard work.
2. God's blessing.
If you are willing to work hard...and be in God's will, you will have his blessing.
I don't have it "all".
I have been able to provide for my family through a variety of decent jobs in my life.
All be it, some VERY hard work and not so pleasant jobs.
Some with not so great bosses, some with physical pain, some that were dirty...but, they paid the bills and bought me some extras!
And now...I've been able to open my own childcare business, work from home, set my own hours/days, be here for my family...and make a pretty decent living off it!


Also, by taking a class, learning a lot from reading, and online...I've been able to start learning cake and cookie decorating.  This too brings me either the ability to earn a little income or to bless others with gifts!
I also look at other little things God has blessed me with..."talents" and such as gifts in my life.
For example, learning to "super coupon"...this has been a huge blessing for our family by learning to shop inexpensively and stockpile!
Also...learning to "repurpose" items.
I've been making scarves, hair clips, and pins out of old t-shirts (quite cute I might add).
These are just simple examples of what I consider blessings from God!
I'm not lucky!
I work very hard for all I have and try to stay in the will of God!
We have been blessed to be able to take small trips with our family each year, buy furnishings for our home, nice holidays for our boys, and extras at school.
I have even tried to "help" some of these friends with either ideas, suggestions, etc. to "make it happen" or "get them started" in many areas of their life.
I have been "shot down" by these same people.
So what really irks me, is when I hear them in person and online, continue to complain about life.

Sometimes, it requires getting up out of our "rut" or our "comfort zone".
Change is hard.
(I hate change!)
It's not fun.
It's scary.
But, this is when great things can happen!
And sometimes, you have to "let go" of one thing, to make a positive thing in your life happen!
Sometimes we have to quit making excuses and MAKE A MOVE!
So I challenge you, if you are having a hard time getting out of that comfort zone...you're looking to "make it happen"...you need either more income, or just shear happiness and change in your life...GET UP...and MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Ask God to give you direction and guidance.
He's right there waiting for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment