Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

My newest project...T-shirt Scarves!

So...
I had been seeing these adorable scarves all over Pinterest and blogs.
All different types...
And I had no idea how to make them or WHAT they were made from.
I am NOT a sewer (although I'd like to learn).
Anywho...
Come to find out, after "pinning" these photos on Pinterest and then following up on the blogs...
They are simply made from old t-shirts!
The first one up top in orange, is called a "Spaghetti Scarf".
INCREDIBLY easy and most importantly for me...
No sewing!

This next purple, gray, and white one is a "Link Scarf".
Super easy!

This one is a "Ruffle Scarf" and although it takes more time...it is incredibly easy as well!
I also learned how to make these mini "Poms".
They are great for your hair or to pin on the scarves!

Here is the "Link Scarf" with three mini-poms pinned to it!
This is the "Spaghetti Scarf" doubled up with two mini-poms on it.
This pink one is a combination of several.
It's a "Spaghetti Scarf" doubled up and I also added a "Braided Spaghetti Scarf" to it.
Then I also learned how to make these rosettes to pin on as well!
This gold scarf is one of the EASIEST to make...it's a simple "Cowel Neck Scarf".
I added two rosettes pinned to it.
This is another "Braided Spaghetti Scarf" with a matching rosette.
A bunch of rosettes...for either pinning or as hair clips!
The great thing I love about these scarves, is that you can mix and match them and wear them so many different ways!
This is the long pink "Spaghetti Scarf" and also the orange "Spaghetti Scarf" doubles up, with a pink "Braided Spaghetti Scarf" and and orange mini-pom.
Some hair clips...
A triple purple rosette and a gray rosette.
This is one of my favorites for fall...
The rust "Spaghetti Scarf" tied with gold links and a gold rosette.
Add the gold "Cowel Neck Scarf" and a rust "Braided Spaghetti Scarf" with a rosette!
Ooops!  I posted this one sideways!  Hehe!
I have to say...
This scarf, although one of my favorites...WAS the most difficult to make.
It DOES require sewing and since I don't have a sewing machine, I used fabric glue (not recommended, LOL!  It did work though!)
It is made with two tees and braided together on the side.
I added two rosettes to it.
You'll have to use your imagination since I posted it sideways...or tilt your head!  Haha!
If you want to make any of these...go to Pinterest and check out my boards...I pinned them all and you'll be able to find the links to all of the blogs with instructions.
Or you can just type in "t-shirt scarves" and a million different pictures and links will come up!
Let me know which you try!  I'd love to hear how they turn out!
Happy "scarfing"!

No comments:

Post a Comment