Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

My kitchen reno...

 Soooo...
Since I'm "probably" never going to open a bakery...
I thought that the least I could do was to decorate my kitchen in a bakery theme!
How fun is that!
I just started putting together a few pieces and thought I'd share along the way as I gather some things.
First off, is the ADORABLE sign my mom and dad made for me!
I saw this on Pinterest and fell in love with it.
When I showed my mom and dad, they immediately went to work for me!
Well how sweet was that!
It's called an "I Love You" board.
All of my family's names are on those little plaques.  You change out the names, and then leave little "love messages" on the chalkboard.  You can do it in secret...or not.
I think it's adorable!
 This is a sweet little sign my mom made for me right after I "named" my baking business.
It has my logo on it.
And I love it!
Both of these wall hangings will go in my new kitchen!
The color scheme of the kitchen will be pink and brown with touches of ivy ("Sweet Ivy Confections" is the name of my baking business).
 
 We picked up this pretty chocolate brown area rug at Meijer today, and I love it!
 We have lived in our current house for 12 years.  We bought it brand new.
We have lived there 12 years "pantry free".
We have NO PANTRY.
And it's awful.
We currently have...don't laugh...an armoire-type-entertainment-type-cabinet housing all of our food.  Oh, and it doesn't stop there.  Because I'm an avid "couponer", I do a lot of stockpiling.  So...we gave up our linen closet and it is also a pantry of sorts.
Where are my linens you may ask?
In another armoire-type-thingy.
It's bad...it's real bad.
Sooooo...
We finally decided, that now was the time to purchase a new pantry!
Yay!
We not only got one pantry...we got TWO!
It will be a double pantry!
Double yay!
I can get rid of the ugly armoire-thingy, and also reclaim my linen closet for sheets and towels, AND all my food will go in a pantry!
Woot woot!
 I also decided we needed new window coverings to go with the baking theme.
I made these adorable (I think they're adorable) little valances for the top of the windows.
They have cupcakes on them!
Too cute!
 We bought chocolate brown curtains for the lower half to bring out the brown in the valances.

I'm looking for a small pink rug to put in front of the sink/counter to bring out the pink in the valances.
We also got rid of our AWFUL plastic vertical blinds on the patio/slider door.
They were awful.
Some had cracked.
It was bad.
These curtains match the ones on the smaller window, although they do look different in the photo...it's just the lighting.

I am excited about all the changes coming our way in the kitchen.
My youngest son said to me, "Mom, all of this pink is making our kitchen look a little girly."
Umm, in a house full of 3 guys...I think I'm allowed ONE ROOM for my pink girly-ness, thank-you very much!
Haha!

It's gonna be fun when it's done.
It's a lengthy process.
But it will be worth it in the end.
Watch for more pics to come in the future!
Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment