Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

...and...another little obsession...NAIL POLISH!

 I think it's safe to say...that most people who know me, know that I have an obsession with baking supplies...especially cookie cutters!  Show me the baking aisle at any store, and you won't hear from me for quite some time!
But...
I have another little obsession...
NAIL POLISH!
 Do you think I have enough?
Can a girl EVER have enough?
NOOOOOOOOOO!


 I love experimenting with fun manicures.
And since the invention of  Pinterest...there are a MILLION tutorials out there!
I must admit, I'm not the best...but it's fun to try!
The above picture was a pink and silver glitter.
(What could be better?  PINK AND GLITTER!)

NOTHING beats a french manicure!

 I love the look of a fresh clean french manicure!
 I like doing variations on the french manicure too.
This one was a pink and silver glitter french manicure!
 This one was a fun one...bubble gum pink...
And then I did a little flower with a rhinestone center on my thumb!
 LOVE LOVE LOVE the "crackle look".
I bought two bottles of crackle nail polish from Avon.
(White and black)
This was a coral base and white crackle.
Black with silver glitter.
CLASSY and CHIC!

Confetti fun!
White base and multi-colored polka-dots!

This was a two-tone.
I took my scrapbooking scissors with a scalloped edge and cut out piece of Scotch tape.
Painted the whole nail pink...let dry...then placed the cut tape on my dry nail...
And painted the other half purple!
Voila!

More pink and glitter!

Festive!
Red and gold accents!

Springtime fun!
Polka dots!

Another variation on the french manicure...
Baby blue polish and silver glitter tips!

More crackle...
Coral with white...

July 4th fun!
White base...red, blue, and silver polka dots!

Fall fun!
Gold metallic base...
Black crackle!

Fun with appliques!
Pink and blue base coat.
Butterfly and heart appliques!

Nautical look here!
White base coat, navy stripes, and little red hearts!

Holiday glitz!
Red base coat with gold glitter!

Halloween fun!
Orange base...black crackle!

Dazzle!
Silve metallic polish with silver glitter top coat!

By fluke, I call this the "peacock manicure".
I have a peacock ring and necklace...
And when I went to paint my nails...I found this aqua blue that matched the base of the ring/necklace.
Upon further digging through my polish, I found green glitter!
So I did the aqua top coat and then added green glitter on top!

Purple with pink/purple glitter!
FUN!
If you love fun manicures, check out Pinterest...
There are a million gazillion manicure tutorials!
I have a whole board dedicated to nails.
Come follow me on Pinterest.
You can find me here:
My name is mommicakes.
I'd love to follow you too...just leave your username in the comments section!
See ya there!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment