Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

It's been a while...

It's winter.
There's snow.
Lots of it.
Winter just seems...
To pass...
There isn't a whole lot of excitement during the winter.
It's a time of settling in...focusing on school, work, just...
Getting though.

I do have a winter birthday.
I celebrated my __x__ birthday on February 6th.
Yes, that's right...we don't tell our age anymore.
The hubs and I say that we are forever 30.
(Shhh, no one needs to know how many times we've celebrated our 30th birthday.)
I got the cutest pair of mittens for my birthday.
I had been wanting some for a long time.
Many people make these.
And my neighbor happens to be one.
Aren't they pretty?
They are wool and cashmere.
She upcycles them from old sweaters.
I love the little rosette on the side.
It has a little crystal in the center.
Very feminine and girly.

They are super cute and super warm!
I am in love!
We ordered my favorite pizza that night for my birthday and got ice cream.
It was a cold wintery night...so it was nice to spend it at home with my family watching American Idol.
I'm very much a "home body"...I love being home.
 
 
Other than all of the snow...and my birthday...
Winter is pretty quiet around here.
But I figured it had been a while so thought I'd better get a blog post out to let everyone know I'm still kickin'!
I found a great sale on nail polish today...and anyone who knows me, knows I LOVE NAIL POLISH!  I totally could have bought every color on the rack...but I restrained myself and only bought seven.
I went with a pretty spring pallette and then some bold glittery shades.
Nail polish makes me happy.
Almost as happy as cookie cutters!
Haha.

And what's a blog post without a picture of Oreo?
I love my kitty-boy.
I can't believe he'll be 8 years old this summer.
He is such a part of our family.
I love him so .
He's my baby.
Well...guess I shall sign off for now.
Just figured I'd pop in and say hi...
"Hi"...hehe!
Hope you are staying warm and toasty this winter!
Stay snug!


No comments:

Post a Comment