Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

T-Shirt Headbands...

Well, I finally decided to grow out my pixie haircut.
I love it...but I'm ready to change things up again.
And what's a girl to do during all of those awful ugly "growing pains"?
MAKE HEADBANDS!!
I was browsing Pinterest and came across this idea.
This particular blog has become one of my favorite crafty blogs...and let's face it, she's so dang cute!  (I'm jealous I didn't look as good with a pixie as she did!  Ha!)
Anywho...I had so much fun making these headbands!
My mom had gotten me a bunch of old t-shirts at Goodwill a while back because I had started making t-shirt scarves (so much fun!).  I still had loads of scraps and remnants leftover from the scarves and so I saved every thing.  Well good thing I did!
Low and behold...the t-shirt sleeve headband!
You can find step-by-step instructions here at Maybe Matilda.
It's an awesome crafty blog if you like making things, and she's so funny too!
These headbands are so simple...totally "no sew"...unless you care to cinch part of them!
There's no need to even hem the edges because they roll so well when you stretch them out.
I also made some little rosettes out of leftover scraps.
I don't really have a tutorial for those.
You just basically cut a long narrow strip of fabric (maybe 1/4-1/2 inch thick).
You start rolling it.
You roll, twist the fabric, add a dot of hot glue.
Roll, twist, hot glue.
Roll, twist, hot glue.
Keep going until you use all the fabric.
So easy-peasy.
I then just added a jewelry pin to the back with hot glue.
This way, I can mix and match the rosettes with the headbands with whatever outfit I'm wearing!
Hopefully these will help me get through those awkward growing out stages.
I'll keep ya posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment