Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

First Trim...(Growing Out The Pixie)

Well, I finally got my first "trim" since deciding to grow out my pixie.
When growing out a short 'do in the past...I always tended to avoid the hair stylist.
I think we all know too well, that feeling of not wanting to get ANY new growth cut, as it takes so long to get there.
But...we must.
It is crucial to get that nasty "mullet growth" off of our necks, get the bangs trimmed, and shape up the rest of the growth.
You'd be surprised what a tiny little trim can do!
I had NO CLUE just how much my hair had grown until I got it trimmed!
I thought the reverse would be true.  I thought it would feel really short all over again.
But nope!
I actually see a lot of new growth!
And...I got lucky!
My pixie is already growing in the direction I am headed and want it to be!
An angled bob.
Yes...my sides are already starting to angle and grow in that direction.
My stylist shaped it up a little more and we're headed on the right path.
I really liked it after she cut it.
However I still have good hair days and bad hair days.
It's all a part of the growing out stage I guess.
Continuing my obsession with headbands, clips, accessories, etc.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment