Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

It's really happening...

 It's happening.
My son got his first acceptance letter from a college in the mail today.
He was accepted into Grand Valley State University.
He's not sure if he's going to start out there...or at Grand Rapids Community College first.
I suppose a lot will depend on finances and financial aid, etc.
But it's a good feeling.
He did it.
He did well (honors) all four years of high school.
He did great on his ACT.
It's happening.
It doesn't really feel like it's been seventeen years since I gave birth to my sweet boy.
It doesn't feel like he's been in school for thirteen years (well, maybe some days it does).
But...in just a few short months, he'll graduate.
Whaaaaa!
Can't we stop this somehow? 
At least I have the comfort in knowing he's chosen to go to college locally.
He's not leaving me just yet.
Whew.
Can I just keep him forever?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment