Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

No excuses...

Photobucket
So, a friend of mine and I were discussing the other day how we are always so obsessed with looking our best.
Yes, we have our "not so great" days, when maybe our make-up isn't perfect, we skip the contacts and throw on our glasses, we wear our old jeans and tennies.
But our discussion revolved more around how we like to look our best.
We enjoy being "girly".
We like to look nice for our husbands.
Another woman piped in and said that "if Christ dwells in us, we wouldn't be worried about what the outside looks like, it's only what's on the inside that counts".
Ok.
I can agree on the part that...yes, we need to be concerned on inner beauty as well.
We need to be kind, caring, loving, gentle, giving, and serving God.
However...
I think way too many people women, use this as an excuse to throw in the towel and never do anything to present themselves well.
We as Christians already take enough heat for being "boring".
Personally, I think there is nothing wrong with being modern, up to date, and well-dressed!
Why would you not want to look your best for your spouse and the world in general?
Of course we all have our "grubby" days.
But I personally enjoy putting on make-up, trying new hairstyles, dressing fashionably, etc.
Why do so many women throw in the towel once they get married and have children?
I know I'm far from perfect.
I could stand to "tone up"...maybe lose 5-10 pounds.
But there's no need for me to wake up and not shower, not put on make-up, not fix my hair, and wear sweats everyday.
I enjoy looking nice for my husband.
I feel better about myself when I look nice.
I enjoy being girly and feminine.
I'm not saying you have to put on a dress everyday and wear high heels to vaccuum and cook dinner in.
But there's nothing wrong with putting on some cute jeans and a sweater, applying some make-up, styling your hair so you look nice for your spouse.
I'm sure many would disagree.
Opinions are like belly-buttons...everybody's got one!
But all I know...
Is I've been married nearly 18 years...
And it just keeps getting better.
:)

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own.
1 Corinthians 6:19

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melody,

    Thanks for posting a comment on my blog last week. I'm happy to announce that you won a copy of Lysa's book. Plese send me a personal email at editor@proverbs31.org with your full name and address.

    Blessings,
    Glynnis

    ReplyDelete