Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

20 pounds in 20 years...

This August, it will be 20 years ago that I met my husband.
Today, I stepped on the scale and discovered I am 20 pounds heavier than the day I met him.
That's 20 pounds in 20 years.
Not saying he's the reason I gained 20 pounds either, haha!
I guess some folks call it "contentment fat", or so I've heard.
Even with the extra 20 pounds, my nurse practitioner says to me, "You're still not even considered overweight."

Well...even still...
I'm ready to shed some poundage...is that a word?  Hehe!
I'm ready to get fit and look better in my clothes.

I want to look good.
I just turned 40 and this is the year.
Fit At Forty!

Right now, I'm sitting here hungry.
Dying to go dig into that bag of Funions in the cupboard.
But I won't.

I am starting a food journal.
I will track what I eat and how many calories.

I will get back on the treadmill each day.
I will do my crunches on my ball again.
I will work out on my Total Gym.

I am setting a goal of 15 pounds.
I don't believe 20 is realistic for me.
Even though I've gained 20, back when I met my husband I was SKINNY.
I don't want to be SKINNY.
I like curves.
I like toned muscles.
I want to look good.
Any honestly...numbers really don't mean as much to me as HOW I LOOK.
If I can see that my tummy is getting flatter, my clothes are fitting better, and my arms/legs look more toned...then I'm happy.

So here we go...again!
I'll keep ya posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment