Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

Cookie Baking Day At Geeg & Papa's House

 
 
Every year my sister and I take our kids down to my parents house for Cookie Baking Day.
It's something my mom started several years ago and although the kids are all getting older, I'm glad they still enjoy getting together with the cousins and continuing this tradition.
 
 
Usually they just do sugar cookies...but this year they also did some other treats as well:
Chocolate and caramel dipped marshmallows w/ a mini candy cane inserted into the top...these are for hot cocoa (wish I had a picture!).
Then they also did chocolate and caramel dipped spoons for cocoa/coffee as well.
They did a great job.
They later watched a Christmas movie and had white chocolate popcorn w/ sprinkles (another traditions).

My sis and I...sportin' our pixie 'dos!
 
My dad...my friend...
My dad is slowly recovering from hip replacement surgery.
It has been quite a journey for him.
But he is making great progress daily.
Say a prayer for him if you would...for continued progress, pain management, full recovery/healing.
Have YOU finished YOUR holiday baking?
I'm still not done at my house!
Stay tuned for more holiday updates from The James!
We hope you have a wonderful holiday season!
 
 


 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment