Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

Nate's First Middle School Band Concert

Just like his big brother, Nate decided to join the band as well when the opportunity arose in middle school (I'm so glad!).
Nate plays the clarinet...but is thinking about moving on to saxophone at some point.
All kids have to start out with clarinet before moving to another woodwind at our school.
He is still debating on sticking with clarinet or moving on to sax.
 
He had his first concert last week.
Mr. Good does a WONDERFUL job with our middle school kids.
He is an amazing teacher/instructor.
 
 
They played a variety of Christmas songs and also a fun tune called "Popcorn Prelude" that showcases each different instrument and the kids "pop" up during their featured piece...like popcorn.  It's really cute!
 
I was never in the band during my jr. high/high school years (I played piano)...so I am glad my boys are going down that path.
I really enjoy listening to them play.
It's a fun journey!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment