Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Frozen and Buried...

 We ventured out to the mall last night to look for a shirt and tie for my son's upcoming WinterFest dance at school.  We pulled into the parking lot and my youngest son said, "Where's the mall?"  No joke.  The mounds of snow are SO big and SO high that you literally couldn't see the mall from your car.  My hubby said, "They could literally film a movie here and people would think they were in the arctic."  It was a very weird feeling.  It was so dark and dreary...and the snow started coming down again...the wind picked up.  All of this snow and frigid wind chills (-20s and -30s)...it's really starting to get to people.
 A client of mine said, "You know, I consider myself a pretty positive upbeat person.  But this is really starting to get to me."
 It's just day in and day out.
 It has snowed EVERY...SINGLE...day.
 The wind chills have been anywhere from -12 to -30 over the past couple weeks.
 You can't go ONE day without plowing, snowblowing, or shoveling your driveway.
 You just can't catch a break.
 I have always said that I don't mind winter because I work from home.
I don't have to fight traffic or worry about the bad road conditions.
 But I have to say...it's even starting to get to me a little too.
 I mean, it's a major chore just to run an errand.
 I've been putting off a haircut for weeks because I don't want to get out in the mess.
Well...as they say...this too shall pass.
I'm just counting the days until my little spring getaway to the south.
We'll make it through this together!

No comments:

Post a Comment