Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Grandma Malone...

I was reminded today on Facebook by my Aunt Cheryl and Aunt Marcia's posts that my Grandma left this earth for her Heavenly home 12 years ago. Wow, doesn't seem that long ago.  She was so much fun! 
She was the best cook...coconut cake, fried potatoes, homemade soups!  One time we were eating vegetable soup at her house and my dad found a rubberband in his soup!  He held it up and said, "Mom what's this?"  She chuckled, grabbed it, and said, "Well, how'd that get in there?!?"  LOL!  
I used to spend the night at her house and she'd make me frozen pizzas and 7-Up (our favorite) and we'd watch Wheel of Fortune together. We'd then ride the bus the next morning & go shopping "downtown" St. Louis.  She'd take me to the "big department stores" and we were both very hesitant on the escalators.  We'd hold hands and she'd say, "Ready? GO!"
 She loved her baseball.   She was hilarious to watch when she'd get to "hooting & hollering" for her St. Louis Cardinals!  She'd jump up and down and yell!
  She was funny.  I remember her saying to my parents, even when she was older, after cooking a big meal she'd say that she was going to share the leftovers with her "elderly" neighbors. 
I loved that she always had her hair "done" and make-up on...maybe that's why I am the way I am today with my LOVE of make-up and refusing to leave the house without my hair "done".
I wish I had ALL of my grandparents around TODAY now that I'm older.  I think I'd appreciate them more and it would be a lot of fun.  Even though all of my grandparents have passed on...I think about all of them and the memories I do have of them from when I was a child...good memories.  I look forward to the day when I can see them in Heaven and talk to them again, and meet the ones I never had the privilege of knowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment