Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

I don't remember this much snow...and this cold...in...EVER!

 In all of my adult memory...
I don't think I ever remember a winter having this much snow.
We just can't catch a break.
We usually get a dumping...then the roads are clear and it's cold...and that's winter.
We may get another dumping...the roads are cleared and it's cold...and that's winter.
NOT THIS YEAR!
It is one dumping after the next after the next!
See that county plow truck up there?
Something I've NEVER seen in my life...HE GOT STUCK!
Not once...but TWICE!
That's how bad it was today.
 It snowed and snowed and snowed.
And not only did it snow.
It blew and blew and blew.
It drifted and drifted and drifted.
There is no separation between our yard and our driveway.
It looks to be about 3-4 feet straight across.
 Our mailbox is nearly covered.
We'll have to dig out at least a little peep-hole to the mailman can find the door.
The mailbox is the EDGE of our driveway...or where it's supposed to be.
See what I mean?  You can't even tell that's the driveway.
It looks like the yard just keeps on going.
 This is a terrible picture...but you can see the snow if up to the windows.
 More snow up to the windows...
 Where the walkway used to be...
 I have to say...as much as everyone complains about the snow.
I honestly don't mind it.
Granted, as I said before...I've never SEEN or EXPERIENCED this much, even in all my years in Michigan.  But I really don't mind it.  I guess it's because I work from home and don't have to get out in it.  The only time I mind it, is when it screws up my plans.
And it IS very beautiful.  Look at it on the pine trees.  How can one think that isn't beautiful!
 It snowed pretty much all day off and on.
We still haven't plowed our driveway.
More beauty...
And the temperatures...I've never, except this year, felt such extremes.
Wind chills have been -20 to -30 many days!
Brrrr!
But like I said, these are the days I'm grateful I work from home.
What's the weather like where you live?

No comments:

Post a Comment