Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

Closure...Peace...

In times of loss...
You learn who your true friends are.
And something I've learned...is that "animal loving friends" are the best kind of friends.
I have received more love and support from other "animal people" than I ever could have imagined.  Some of these kind people, I don't even know.  They reached out to me in comments on a blog I follow.  People I just considered "acquaintances" wrote tributes to my sweet kitty.  Love has been shown in so many ways.
I struggled for days with guilt and depression over the decision that had to be made.
But on Sunday, we had a really good discussion as a family.
We finally had closure and peace during this conversation.
I finally felt...peace.
I still feel sadness and loss...when I see his bowl or a toy...
But the guilt and depression has moved on.
In time, I will put away his things.
I will keep out some photos/momentos.
It's all a process.
And I do believe...after our period of mourning...one day...we may open our hearts and home to another.
There are far too many out there that do not have homes filled with love.
And I know we can provide that for one of them.
So to those who comforted me, supported me, shared with me...
I say thank-you.
It's been a difficult path...but I know with time...the healing process will continue
I love you sweet Oreo Flower!
You will FOREVER be in our hearts sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment