Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Proud Momma Moment (Evan)...

Just a quick post to have a little "proud momma moment".
I received an e-mail a couple weeks ago from my son's student teacher in his Senior English class.  I didn't recognize the name at first (as he's a student teacher) and the subject line read: "Evan".  I didn't quite know what to expect and wondered what in the world it was.
The e-mail read:

Hi Mrs. James,

Just wanted to send a quick email to let you know how great Evan has been doing in his English class recently. I sent a "positive referral" to the school administration today, telling them:

 I've been seeing Evan's confidence rise substantially in English class. He's always clearly understood the reading and the material, but lately he has really begun making stellar contributions to class discussions, both formal and informal. He is even periodically raising his hand to answer questions or offer insight, which is really helpful for the vitality of our class discussions. Evan is such a positive presence to have during 6th Hour.

Anyways, just thought you'd like to know! No need to write back or anything, just trying to spread a good word.

Wow!  What a way to make a momma feel good!  Well I congratulated my son on a job well done and thought nothing more of it.  Today, several weeks later, my son gets home from school and hands me this certificate!  Again WOW!  I didn't even know they gave out "Outstanding Leadership Awards".  Wasn't even aware of it.  Evidently this teacher's submission of that e-mail led to this award!  So proud of you Evan!  You ARE a great leader and such a positive role model to others!
Love you!
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment