Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Seriously...Does ANYONE'S hair grow as slow as mine? (Growing Out The Pixie)

 Seriously...
Does ANYONE'S hair grow as slow as mine?
I've followed other bloggers on their "pixie journey" and it does NOT seem to go this slow for them.  What in the world?  See...this is usually the point I always get to, when growing out my hair, that I quit...and go have it chopped off again, figuring I am destined to be a "short hair gal".
 You'll notice in this post...a difference from previous posts...my hair is considerably darker.
I'd like to tell you that I did it on purpose (to break up the monotony of growing it out)...but I didn't.  I always color myself...and I've bought this color before...but either they changed the formula...or I must have bought a different brand.  It turned out QUITE a bit darker than I expected.  However, I'm not one to cry over spilled milk...or darker hair...I embraced the change and told everyone I wanted something different, haha!
 What I "DID" do on purpose to break up the monotony, was, over the weekend I went curly (natural).  As I've shared before, I always "thought" I had straight as a board hair...but my stylist told me that my hair is quite the opposite actually.  She said that I have "a lot" of natural wave going on.  So after I shampooed, I put some mousse in, scrunched it, and let it air-dry instead of blow-drying.  Sure enough...
 She was right!
WAVES!
When my hair is longer, there are A LOT of waves going on.  It's hard to tell in these pictures because there's not a lot of hair to "wave out".  However, had I taken pictures of the back, there are QUITE A LOT of waves going on.
 And here we are back to "straight"...the way I pretty much always style it.
We are finally "just below the ear" level.  Starting to hit "mid-cheek".
(sigh)
Could this process be any slower?
The good thing is...is that I have my sister.
She's going through this same journey with me right now.
And her pixie was considerably shorter than mine at the starting point.
Sooo...she's just a tad bit behind me on the growth process.
So...wish me luck...because I'm getting REALLY antsy wanting to cut it.
But I will NOT...I will PERSEVERE!  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment