Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I'm the pasty white girl...

Photobucket
Don't hate me...
But I have to say, I don't really mind this cloudy, rainy weather.
Everyone who knows me, KNOWS I love a good thunderstorm.
But even rain, doesn't bother me.
(As long as I don't have outdoor plans, LOL!)
I rather enjoy it.
It brings me peace.
Now don't get me wrong...
I'm just as anxious as the next for some "warmer" weather.
NOT SUMMER...
But warmer weather.
I'm anxious to go outside and plant flowers and beautify my yard.
I'm anxious to travel up to Mackinac Island as we do several times a year.
But...
I am NOT anxious for the heat of summer.
I do NOT enjoy being hot.
I do NOT enjoy being sweaty.
My hair droops.
My make-up runs.
I sweat glisten.
It is NOT a pretty picture.
It is NOT comfortable.
I find no joy in the heat of summer.
I take no comfort in beaches, lakes, oceans, and the like.
Sand in my shoes.
Sand up my swimsuit.
Sand back at my HOUSE (inevitably).
I do not enjoy swimming with the fish.
P-U.
Stinky!
The very thought and feel of fish swimming around my legs gives me the heeby-jeebies!
I don't enjoy sitting baking in the sun.
No thank-you.
I like my skin the way God made it.
Healthy.
I may be pasty white, but hey, Twilight is still popular, right?
It's a vampire thing, LOL!
I would prefer not to go through the rest of my life with leathery, wrinkly skin.
I am however fond of a healthy "glow"...
Which I purchase from my local drug store in a bottle, LOL!
Just give me my Jergen's Natural Glow and I'm a happy girl.
Other than that, you will find me slathered in SPF 30 from head to toe.
So yes...springtime, you may return.
I am excited to plant flowers.
I would like sunny, "warm" weather for my trips.
But until then, I don't mind a few cloudy, rainy days.
The pitter-patter of it brings me peace and soothes my soul.
And to all the beach bunnies out there...enjoy.
I'll be the pasty white girl, enjoying a fruit smoothie in my Adirondack chair letting the breeze blow through my hair slathered in SPF of the highest degree, LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment