Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

One of our many upcoming appointments...and why my stress level soars...


It seems we have seen medical professionals more within the past month than in our entire life and it's only just begun.

It all started with visits to the dentist for both of the boys a month ago.  That went well.  No cavities for either of them.  Yay! 
However, Evan has one more baby tooth that just won't come out.  And as fate would have it, the permanent tooth that is still up in the gumline is laying sideways.  Great.
So today, we will make our way to the orthodontist for our FREE consult to see what can be done...or if it really needs to be done.
I'm sure they will try to sell us the world...thousands of dollars of braces.
You can be sure I will be asking all the questions of a parent without orthodontic insurance.
Is this absolutely necessary?
Is there any chance it will come down on its own straight?
If not, will it cause any major health threats to him (i.e. headaches, jaw prblems, messing up his bite, etc.)?
What will happen if we don't "fix" it?
Don't get me wrong...insurance or not...I WILL...NO MATTER WHAT...take care of my babies if it will affect their health and well being.
Now...is it a matter of a tooth just coming in a little crooked?
I've got several of those and have survived my adult life just fine.
So, we shall see.

Next on the agenda is Nate.
Nate has been battling ear/sinus infections and bronchitis for over a month.
We finally got in to see our regular nurse practitioner (you can be sure I will ALWAYS request her from now on) and she gave us some kickin' antibiotics that are finally helping him.
Also, Nate has to go have an echocardiogram done at DeVos.
He has what's called pectis excavatum...or rather his chest sinks in a little bit...a little "divit" in his chest cavity if you will.
So they want to check and make sure it's not putting any undue stress on his heart.
We appreciate your prayers for this.

Back to Evan.
Evan has always been an honor student.
Still maintains really good grades.  But this year, his freshman year of highschool...he's really struggled with focus, memory, concentration, forgetfulness, organization.
He will be tested for ADD (not ADHD) over the next month and a half.
We are praying that we get the help and results we need to help Ev not have to struggle.
He is doing awesome and trying very hard.
But it can become very frustrating and tiresome for him.
Again, we appreciate your prayers.

So that's us for now!
See why I've been a bit stressed/worried?
God has it all under control, I know.
But I am human...a mom...and I worry.
Doin' my best to give it to Him! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment