Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

She's baking...she's happy...

Today I decorated Easter cookies.
And although they're not perfect...
And although I have a lot to learn...
I was in my element.
I was so happy!

I spent the entire day decorating.
This was my third take on Royal icing.
I learned that, once again, Wilton fails me AGAIN.
I am not impressed with many of Wilton's recipes.
With the exception of the actual sugar cookie recipe...all of their icings and frostings have disappointed me be it in taste or texture.

I have found one Royal Icing recipe that I like the flavor and consistency of.
And I think that is the one I will be sticking to.

Now we have lots of yummy Easter treats to enjoy for the week.
And I will continue to dream...
And pray...
About a new career in baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment