Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Strict vs. Permissive...


A lot of people view my husband and I as "strict".
We've had a lot of children in our care over the years.
The number one priority for us is health and safety.

The funny thing is...
My OWN children do not view us as strict.

What's even more amazing...
Is that when we see other people's children misbehaving, acting up, or being wild...
IT DRIVES MY KIDS INSANE!

Because my boys have been raised with rules & boundaries, manners, respect, and a sense of calm...
When they see other kids acting out, it absolutely infuriates them.

It is quite amazing to see an 11 year old say, "That kid needs some discipline in his life!"
Or your 15 year old to say, "Those people have no parenting skills."

This is not to say my kids are perfect.
Far from it.
They have messy rooms, argue, etc.

BUT...


They will NEVER act out in public or for another adult.

They know how to have fun.
They love a good time.
But they also know the proper way to act.

I am proud of my boys.
I believe because of the way we have raised them, and they now see and know what is appropriate and what is not...
They are going to be wonderful fathers to their children some day.


1 comment:

  1. Melody! I didn't even know you had a blog! Love it!!! :) I'm following.

    ReplyDelete