Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Mackinac Island...May 2012...Day 2

 Today we had a very relaxing day again.
We did a lot of walking...around the perimeter of the island and also up into the island.
We love taking the paths less taken.
We started the day with donuts from the Murray Hotel.
Breakfast at the Harbor View Inn only goes until 9:30 and who wants to get up at the crack of dawn on vacation?
NOT THIS GIRL!
I was up at 8:30-9:00...but I still had to shower and get ready so I was NOT able to be presentable for breakfast.
We grabbed our donuts and then got a milk at Doud's and headed over to the large marble bench near the school and the Grand.  We sat there and enjoyed our breakfast outdoors.
After that we grabbed coffee at Starbucks and headed off for a hike.
Our package included a gift card to the Yankee Rebel and we decided to have lunch there.
Jamie had a prime rib sandwich with fries.  I had a chicken puff pastry.  Let me tell you...it was delish!  The service wasn't that great...it was slow and our server didn't have any personality, but the food made up for her less than desirable attitude. 
We did some more hiking to work off all those calories...we're both on a diet/exercise plan...but letting ourselves have fun during our trip.  I think we've been MORE than burning off all of our calories with all the walking we've been doing!
Next we played golf over at Mission Point.
Jamie won...but only by 3 strokes.
We enjoyed some time relaxing on the large beautiful porch at the Harbor View before dinner.
We shared a pizza from the Island Slice for din-din.
It was really yummy.
The time here always goes by so fast...I stay up way too late at night...hanging on to and savoring every moment I'm here.
Sometimes I wonder if folks who live here permanently or those who have summer homes, REALLY APPRECIATE and know just HOW BLESSED they are to have a little "piece of heaven"...a.k.a. Mackinac Island.
As I always say (and mean it)...someday...I WILL have a place to call my own here.
It is NOT just a pipe dream!
It WILL happen!
Plan...plan...plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment